The parish needs you!
Contact Michelle, the volunteer coordinator to inquire or volunteer.
Sacred Art & Environment (Decorations)
Under the direction of the Pastor, the Decorations Member prepares for the Liturgical celebrations at the Parish. The beauty, quality and appropriateness of the space where the Liturgy is celebrated are crucial for full participation by the assembly.
- Ensure that the appropriate articles are prepared while keeping in mind the primary visual and tangible aspect of the celebrations of Sacred Rites.
- Plan the visual layout in order to enhance the Liturgical celebration (i.e. flowers, hangings, seasonal, ornamentation etc.)
- Ensure that the general Liturgical environment (arrangement of space, furnishings, lighting, permanent decorations etc.) corresponds to the aesthetic and ritual vision of the Parish.
- Be available to assist as required in preparing the space for Liturgical celebrations and Sacred Rites.
- Collaborate with the Pastor and with other members of the Parish staff, integrating their own area of responsibility with the overall Parish endeavor.
- Participate fully in the Liturgy as an exemplary member of the assembly.
- Be available for meetings and training on both the Parish and Diocesan levels.
Sacristan: Assist the pastor before and after Mass
An important job to ensure everything goes smoothly
One person required for each weekend Mass
- Prepare the sacred vessels
- Open the Lectionary to the correct page for the readings of the day
- Place the sacred gifts (hosts and wine) at the entrance of the church for other volunteers to present during Mass
- Ensure the sound system is on, microphone(s) adjusted
- Light the candles on the altar 5 minutes before Mass
- Place the collection in the vault
- Extinguish the candles on the altar
- Clean the sacred vessels and put them away
- Turn off the sound system
- 15-20 minutes before and after Mass
- Flexible scheduling, as you are available
- Schedule posted monthly
Catholic Parish of the Holy Name