June 10, 2021
The Province of Alberta has entered its Stage 2 Reopening Plan
Beginning June 10, 2021
The capacity limit for churches is now 1/3 of fire code occupancy
- Attendee limits in Holy Name Parish (not including pastor and volunteers:
- Holy Name Church: 110
- St Columba Church: 40
- St Joseph Church: 15
- All protocols dealing with proper physical distancing, the use of masks, contact tracing, sanitizing remain in effect.
From the Archdiocese
- The distribution of Communion on the tongue is temporarily not allowed during Stage 2.
- Wedding ceremonies may now have up to 20 people.
- Funerals continue to have a maximum of 20 people.
- Pastors may confer the Sacrament of the Confirmation, especially if the parish postponed the celebration due to the recent restrictions.
- Visitation to the Sick. During Stage 2, a priest or deacon may take Holy Communion to the sick. If visitation is to a hospital or nursing home, we must adhere to the institution’s admission and risk mitigation policies.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament continues to be permitted with adherence to canonical guidelines and proper physical distancing and mask use.
- Outdoor social gatherings, with proper distancing, allowed up to 20 people.
- Indoor social gatherings are not permitted. This can limit visits to parishioner’s homes until Stage 3, which could begin in a few weeks.
Latest full details at the Archdiocese website here.
Catholic Parish of the Holy Name
The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton / Holy Name Parish does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, the content of any external sites listed on this website